The incorporation of interconnected digital devices and applications into organisational tasks has revolutionised many of today’s industries. As company processes continue to evolve, it becomes increasingly important to customise your commercial buildings for peak productivity in order to meet the needs of the modern workforce.
By definition, a smart building uses technology and automated process to control its internal environment. Internet of Things (IoT) devices can link throughout the building to monitor, detect, adjust, restrict and enhance certain activities occurring within the premises.
In a competitive market, the decision makers in your business may understandably feel a little overwhelmed when it comes to choosing the most suitable implementations for your building. Whether you operate a hospital or healthcare facility, an educational institution or an office space, your organisation should invest in tools that are future proof and capable of providing the necessary data to continuously better serve your occupants.
6 Reasons to invest in smart buildings
1. With fluctuating energy prices and pressure to adopt more sustainable operational models, it makes business sense to take charge of how energy is consumed in your building. Smart buildings can monitor and control the internal environment to suit the needs of the occupants based on the utility of certain areas.
2. Smart buildings enable your operations staff to conduct preventive maintenance before problem arise and to rectify issues that do occur more responsively; this helps to minimise maintenance costs and prevent long-term problems.
3. Due to the data your smart devices collect, you will be able to make more agile, real-time business decisions. Your organisation will have the tools to anticipate trends and adapt to the needs of your building’s occupants.
4. Modern workspaces require a collaborative, flexible layout. By gaining insight into how individuals interact with your facility, you can optimise spaces for greater utility and therefore boost productivity and job satisfaction.
5. IoT devices allow you to automate specific tasks and control them remotely, saving time and money while also giving you 24-hour visibility of how your building is performing.
6. Security and safety are a priority for every business: with IoT devices alarms can be raised when non-staff members have entered restricted areas in your building, helping to boost your security profile.
How True Occupancy data can make my building smart
Using advanced people counting technology, a True Occupancy system is able to pick up on crucial information that can be used to improve the way people flow in, out and around your building. For example, by recording occupants’ dwell time, your operations management can identify issues in specific zones, or you can see whether clients or guests are being left unattended in reception areas for too long.
True Occupancy data by Irisys’ top-of-the-range technology can be integrated with other IoT devices to help your building management team control lighting and heating based on occupancy, reducing the cost of energy consumption in areas that are not being used.
Unhindered by crowds, darkness or extreme light, a True Occupancy system will always give you reliable and accurate information, providing the reassurance of a future proof device that has been designed and built to last for decades. The device is easy to install and configure, enabling you to access data remotely.
When starting your smart building transformation, True Occupancy by Irisys offers the necessary intelligence to formulate strategies which can help to turn your building into a hardworking asset that serves the needs of all occupants.